Friday, May 9, 2014

Dad's Birthday

I made this card for my Dad. He likes the outdoors so I made his card with that in mind. Here's the result:


 Materials:
Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Basic Black, Into the woods petite paper pack by Lawn Fawn.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Salty Ocean, Antique Linen and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, Versamark, Copic markers - Y08, Y00, YR18, YG17, G03, G00, B00, N1, 0, Sakura Stardust gel pen in silver, Versamagic in Cloud White.
Stamps: Happy Trails, Jessie's ABC's, Woodgrain Backdrops, all by Lawn Fawn
Accessories and Tools: Happy Trails Lawn Cuts dies, Stitched Journaling Card Lawn Cuts dies, grey bakers twine, big shot machine, water, finger dauber, Glossy Accents, dimensional adhesive, Post-it notes.

Tips and Tricks:
1. The sky and hill were created using masks cut from Post-it notes.
2. The clouds were created by dabbing white ink on the card with my finger.
3. I flicked water to get the speckled effect.
4. The edges of the stitched journaling card were inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink then I rubbed on some Cloud White Versamagic.

Pleasant Surprise:
1. Lawn Fawn pinned this card on their pinterest page from my flickr feed, yay!! Thanks Lawn Fawn! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment