Monday, April 14, 2014

5th Birthday

I've entered a challenge for the first time in ages - Lawnscaping Challenge #79. I tried a new technique on this card. Not sure exactly what it's called, I inked around a cloud die cut to make the cloudy background on the card below. I like the result though I feel I need more practise at this technique!

Here's the card:


Materials:
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Gumball Green, Whisper White, Xpress Copic colouring card
Ink: Pool Party, Tuxedo Black, Versamark Dazzle in Champagne, Copic markers - YR18, Y08, B00, R29, YG17, G03, B24, B18, E57, 0
Stamps: Critters from the past, Year four, Bake me a cake, Jessie's ABC's
Accessories / Tools: Critters from the past Lawn Cuts, Spring Showers Lawn Cuts, Year four Lawn Cuts, Ink blending tool, Grassy border Lawn Cuts, dimensionals, Clear Wink of Stella brush marker, glue tape


Update: My card received an Honorable Gnome award! I feel very honoured! Thanks very much to the Lawnscaping team, I really appreciate it! :)



 Click here to visit the challenge!


6 comments:

  1. so happy you joined in on our challenge :) i love the soft clouds! the card came out great! thank you for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Cute design :)
    Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene! I had fun making the card and being in the challenge!

      Delete
  3. Love your cute scene, and the balloons with the numbers, so fun!! And I love that technique too, I tried it a while back and it's tricky but it looks amazing :)
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yainea! I will definitely try that technique again one day. Can't wait to see what the next Lawnscaping Challenge will be! :)

      Delete