Friday, January 6, 2012

Another twist on an old success

I made this card yesterday and based it on this card that I made back in October. I played with stripes and colours and I'm pleased with the effect.
Here it is:

Again it's a simple card. I'd spent most of the morning making a baby card just like this one which took longer than expected thus cutting back on the time I had to make this card.

Materials:
Cardstock: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Basic Black, printed acetate by My Memories, P187 Spring Greens: Cabbage Patch by Kaisercraft.
Ink: Stazon Black.
Stamps: Best Dad Ever (for the happy birthday sentiment).
Other: Mini glue dots, baker's twine in Caribbean and Cappuccino by The Twinery.

Tips and Tricks:
1. The sentiment is stamped on the acetate and left to dry before using.
2. All the acetate layers are affixed with mini glue dots.

Stuff Ups:
1. I had to redo the sentiment on the acetate so I removed the ink with Stazon cleaner and tried again.
2. In this picture the cappuccino twine is twisted over itself but I straightened it out before I posted the card.

Pleasant Surprises:
I managed to get the light right for once so the colours in the picture ring true. I also found my mini easel which made it easier for me to get a better photo of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment