Monday, January 17, 2011

Attempt at Blokiness.

I've made and given away a few of these cards which are rather simple to make. When I made these I didn't have any stamp sets that were particularly masculine so trees were the closest I had. I love the woodgrain texture and think this makes the card.

Rating: Decent

Materials
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss and Very Vanilla.
Inks: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip.
Stamps: Trendy Trees.
Other: Dimensionals, Big Shot machine, oval punch.
Non Stampin' Up: Wendy Irving Collections: Expressions Clear Cling Stamps -  'Occasions', gold brads, organza ribbon from Stamp It Australia, universal embossing folder in 'woodgrain' by Craft Concepts.

Tips and Tricks:
1. I didn't use a stampa-ma-jig to align the tree trunk and leaves but I would in future to save time and wasted cardstock.
2. The 'bow-less' ribbon breaks up the brown and adds a nice dimension without being girly.

Stuff Ups:
The brown cardstock under the tree is too small. I would like more clearance above the punched oval.
The main brown cardstock is also too small as the proportions are wrong (too short).
Actually, the more I look at it, most of the cardstock is out of proportion. I sent the good cards out so this must be made of the dodgy left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment