Monday, December 13, 2010

Wedded Bliss

Let's start with my favourite card. I made this last week for my good friend's Catherine and Anthony, to celebrate their wedding. I matched the colours to the colours Catherine had chosen for the wedding - the pink for the bridesmaids' dresses, grey for the groomsmens' suits and white for Catherine's dress. As luck would have it, she also had pearls on her dress, veil and accessories. Truthfully, I didn't think my skills were up to the task of making a wedding card. I am surprised and pleased with the results. I wouldn't have given them the card if I felt it was dodgy. This card makes it to the decent end of the scale.

Ooh, a scale! I should rate my own cards! Ok then, here's the scale: Disastrous, Dodgy, Decent, Delightful.

So if that's the scale, I'm gonna bump this card up to delightful. I don't think I'll create much better than this.

All photography featured in this blog is done by me and has a firm 'dodgy' rating.

Rating: Delightful.

To create this card I used products from Stampin' Up. I don't sell Stampin' Up but the colour coordination is something that can't be beat.

Materials:

Card stock: Shimmery White, Blushing Bride, Basic Gray.
Inks: Blushing Bride, Versamark, Versamark Silver Frost (I'll need to confirm that name).
Stamps: Punch Potpourri (hostess level 1) for the heart and Curly Cute for the word 'congratulations'.
Other: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, big shot machine, silver embossing powder, Pearl accents, 2 step Bird punch, Whisper White satin ribbon, corner punch, dimensionals (foam adhesives).
The mini easel is from Jacksons Art Supplies.

Tips and Hints:

1. Stamp Basic Gray and Blushing bride card stock with the Versamark silver frost stamp pad. Cover enough to punch out a bird and a wing using the 2 step bird punch. The versamark gives a nice shimmer to the card stock. This will need a while to dry or the wing won't adhere to the bird.
2. Wrap a piece of satin ribbon around the 2 layers of card, just enough to reach around the back and stick it down on the back. Cut a smaller piece to tie on the front. Touch the ribbon as little as possible because it frays as soon as you look at it.
3. You might not see them but I used the smallest stick on pearls on the vintage wallpaper background to give the card a lift.

Stuff Ups:
Corner punch - sometimes it nips in too deep so you get a jaggedy bit on either side of the punch instead of a smooth rounded corner. I tried to round it off with scissors which worked this time but not always.
Versamark silver frost - I didn't wait long enough for it to dry so some sparkle came off of the wings.
Pearl placement - I put on too many and taking some off was difficult. They stick down too well!

No comments:

Post a Comment