Friday, December 24, 2010

Tropical Birthday

Here's a card I made for my nephew's girlfriend. I wish I could lay claim to the design but I can't. I cased this from Stampin Funn with Cheryl. I love it so much I barely changed a thing. I embossed the background palm fronds and I coloured in the straw and umbrella, that's it.

Rating: Delightful

Materials:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Island Oasis DSP and what I thought was So Saffron but it's not. It must be some old cardstock from my subtles collection.
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise marker, Pumpkin Pie marker, So Saffron marker, Versamark.
Stamps: Tropical Party.
Other: Sponge, scallop oval punch, oval punch, dimensionals, whisper white satin ribbon, clear embossing powder, heat tool.
Non SU: Wendy Irving Collections: Expressions Clear Cling Stamps -  'Occasions'.
Tips and Tricks:
1. I used markers for the flowers so I could use multiple colours at once.
2. I coloured in the straw and umbrella after stamping with chocolate chip ink.
3. The whisper white is sponged around the edges with old olive ink.
4. The orange polka dot paper is from the Island Oasis DSP pack.

Stuff Ups:
Surprisingly none! The only thing that bugs me is that the happy birthday isn't capitalised.



No comments:

Post a Comment