Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Part Two

The green card is almost identical to the one in my last post but I just wanted to show how rearranging the layout can make for a more (or less) interesting card. Yes, there is horrible staining on the ribbon of the other card. A lesson was learned there!

Rating: Dodgy ('cause of the staining)

Rating: Decent

These cards are made in the same way and use the same materials as I have listed in my previous post. The only differences are that I have added a thin strip of Jolly Holiday DSP to the right of the green card (I adhered it with 2 way glue) and the base of the other card is Crumb Cake cardstock, I've used Old Olive grosgrain ribbon on it and have coloured the stocking stamp with markers (Old Olive and Real Red).

The staining. The ribbon was popping up a little bit so I used a bit of 2 way glue to stick it down, which it did do but, as you can clearly see, it has stained the ribbon. So you can learn something at my expense - DON'T use a 2 way glue pen for sticking ribbons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment