Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve and Birthday Cards

Yes, it's Christmas Eve and I've spent most of the day making birthday cards for rellies I'm going to see tomorrow who have birthdays in the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty pleased with the results (except for that off centre brad). Here's the first card:
Rating: Decent

First of all, this design isn't mine - I cased a much more attractive card from Card Scraps Blog and wish mine looked like that! So what's different? I don't have any Soft Suede card stock so I used Crumb Cake and crumb cake ink. I spritzed the Crumb Cake layer with Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold (omg I love this shimmer spritz) which the photo doesn't really show. It's a gorgeous golden glimmer that I could stare at for hours. I have used a different sentiment stamp. My card has gold brads for the small flower centres and a purple jewel brad in the centre of the big flower.

Here's another I made today using Concord Crush instead of Rich Razzleberry, simply because I ran out.


Here are the details:
Materials:
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry or Concord Crush, Crumb Cake, Whisper White.
Inks: Rich Razzleberry or Concord Crush, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke.
Stamps: Vintage Vogue.
Other: Gold brads, dimensionals, sponge.
Non Stampin' Up: Perfect Pearls Mists in Heirloom Gold, American Crafts Elements - medium jewel brads: brights, Wendy Irving Collections: Expressions Clear Cling Stamps -  'Occasions'.
Tips and Hints:
1. I have sponged the edges of the Whisper White card with Crumb Cake ink.
2. The lighter coloured flowers are created by using the 'stamp off' technique which is simply stamping the image on scrap card once or twice before stamping on the finished piece, so you get a lighter colour effect. I stamped off once for the medium colour and stamped off twice for the lightest colour.

Stuff Ups:
The border stamping: too lazy to use a stampamajig so some of the images are a bit crooked.
The off centre brad - it stares at me like a wart on a witches nose.
The cover up - I smudged a bit of ink on the Razzleberry card above the birthday wishes stamp so I covered it with another flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment